PLACEMENT SALARIES IN 2019
BENEFITS (in addition to standard benefits)
- Remote working -candidates will often prioritise a role that offers remote working.
- Paid leave to attend conferences & Meet-Ups.
- Relocation packages – for candidates relocating across the UK or overseas.
- Shares/stocks in the company particularly common in start-ups.
- Free food on-site, or ordered in meals such as Deliveroo, Uber Eats etc.
- Unlimited annual leave
- Private health insurance
- Season ticket loans – commonly offered in London.
- Personal development and training courses e.g. flying candidates out to attend training in different sites across the world.
- Free technology e.g. MacBook, Laptops, Company Phones etc
WORKING EXPECTATIONS & CULTURE
- Flat line structure – candidates are increasingly asking about company structure and ability to progress within an organisation.
- Mutual trust / flexible work times, trust in getting the work done and meeting deadlines without micro-management.
- Budgets for personal development – companies are actively increasing spending on training facilities/programmes.
- Extended parental leave for both parents (not gender exclusive).
- Having clear company values that employees must uphold & "being heard".
For any further information about the statistics above or other information about the UK JavaSript market, including competitors, tech on the rise and hiring processes, feel free to contact me