£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits
10 days ago
Systems and Network Engineer - 3rd Line
Systems and Network Engineer - 3rd Line - A new and exciting opportunity has opened up for a Systems and Network Engineer - 3rd Line to join an impressively innovative company that changes lives based in Oxford, at a time of exciting and rapid company growth! This Systems and Network Engineer - 3rd Line role is perfect for someone with strong Linux knowledge, experience of virtualisation technologies such as Hyper V or VMware and Powershell, Bash scripting experience.
As the successful Systems and Network Engineer - 3rd Line, you will support the IT Manager in the design, improvement and implementation of New or existing networks and systems. As well as play a key role in the day to day running of all internal IT systems.
As a Systems and Network Engineer - 3rd Line, you will be monitoring and providing maintenance of the physical and virtual network infrastructure and train and mentor Junior members of the IT team where needed.
Essential skills and experience required for the Systems and Network Engineer - 3rd Line:
- Strong Linux and Windows knowledge
- Experience of virtualisation technologies such as Hyper V or VMware
- Powershell, Bash scripting experience
- High level networking experience, both physical network installation and the configuration & maintenance of secure networks. Experience working with Cisco Meraki, Cisco and HP/Aruba hardware and OS is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Office 365 and Azure AD
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative and cutting-edge companies in the UK and work with great autonomy and responsibilities that help change lives!
Salary: Up to £45k (depending on experience) + Excellent company benefits
Key benefits include: Great share option scheme - Private health care - 5% Pension plan - 25 days holiday + bank holidays - Work from home options - Free gym membership - and more
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy