Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus
7 months ago
A new career opportunity has just become available for a forward-thinking SQL DBA to join our friendly, industry-leading client based in Hemel Hempstead during an exciting time of the organisation's development. The successful SQL DBA will join a hugely skilled team as they provide BAU support, working with the Application & Infrastructure Support teams to provide a coordinated service in accordance with the ITIL best practice. The SQL DBA will also assist the architecture team in understanding business requirements and will be supporting the technical design, test and implementation of new projects and SQL upgrades.
Working as a SQL DBA, your role will also include:
- Providing SQL support for projects requiring new database and SQL instances, including rollout and upgrades.
- Proactively monitoring the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Acting as final point of escalation for SQL related technical issues.
- Developing database support utilities, scripts and tools.
- Maintaining a backup and recovery strategy for database information and performing database restores.
- Planning for future storage capacity requirements for the server and databases.
- Participating in an on-call rota to provide out of hours support where required for critical business impacting incidents.
Skills needed for the SQL DBA role:
- Detailed and demonstrable knowledge of SQL 2008 - 2016.
- kowledge of configuration, design, capacity planning of SQL.
- Good knowledge of T-SQL tuning and PowerShell scripting
- Experience of administering SSIS and SSRS, and ideally also SSAS.
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
Salary: up to £60,000 + bonus & benefits.
Apply now for further information on this excellent opportunity.
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.