£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + up to 20% bonus
4 months ago
A new career opportunity has just become available for a SQL DBA to join our industry-leading, FTSE 100 client based in Luton during an exciting time of the organisation's development. The successful SQL DBA will join a hugely experienced, although currently supplier-side, team and will be the first internal DBA working on the large SQL environment, consisting of around 260 on-prem and AWS-based SQL servers and 2000 databases (the largest of which is 6 TB!), which process around 80,000 transactions a minute.
The successful SQL DBA will be responsible for collaborating with the DBA team on and offshore, driving and owning database technology and being accountable for building database infrastructure required for all new services. The DBA function is also responsible for 3rd line administration and support to ensure that incidents or problems are resolved as per the agreed SLAs.
Skills needed for the SQL DBA role:
- Good knowledge of SQL Server, including clustering, mirroring, replication and SQL Availability Groups.
- Clear understanding of best practices and data protection regulations around backup, restore and encryption of data, including the use of tools such as Quest Litespeed.
- Exposure to a hybrid hosting environment, preferable with AWS.
- Experience in resolving problems relating to AlwaysOn, Multi-subnet cluster, SQL code, integrity, performance, blocking, deadlocking, replication, log shipping, connectivity and security.
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Linux is highly desirable.
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + up to 20% bonus + benefits.
Apply now for further information on this excellent opportunity.
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.