£90000.00 - £120000.00 per annum + bonus, benefits
about 2 months ago
Software Engineering Lead
We are looking for a hands-on Software Engineering Lead with a Java background, to join this market leading national Insurer as they embark on one of the biggest technology transformations in the UK! The £100M transformation involves transitioning the brand from a house-hold name into an Agile driven tech business, and with that comes a huge amount of exciting career opportunities!
We are seeking a Java Engineering Lead to provide hands-on technical guidance, leadership and product direction. This will be a 50:50 role split between hands-on coding and leadership. On one hand, you'll set the standards and Agile methodologies within the product chapter - focusing on knowledge sharing, training, coaching and mentorship (particularly around Agile and running Scrum), and on the other hand you will be using your coding skills to develop cutting-edge products!
Their technologies include Java, Python, Angular, React, AWS and a range of infrastructure and testing tools/frameworks.
Skills and experience needed for the Software Engineering Lead:
- Strong hands-on coding skills in Java.
- Excellent Agile and Scrum experience; able to run Scrums, drive best practice and mentor the team in Agile improvements.
- Strong cross-functional approach; you'll work closely with other Engineering leads, Product Owners and Agile Coaches.
- Strong leadership skills; able to provide guidance, mentoring and coaching.
- Ability to utilise your technical skills to deliver high quality, reliable Agile technology solutions.
The company have 3 main offices across England - one in the north and two in the south. You'll be able to work remotely for most of the time (if desired) and visit whichever office locations suits you best as much as you wish.
Software Engineering Lead - Java, Agile, Scrum, coding, development
Location: commutable to either to Bromley, Bristol or Leeds ideally (but happy to offer a mostly remote role)
Salary: £90,000 - £120,000 + 12% pension, bonus (up to 20%), 25 days holiday (with the option to buy more).
Please apply now!
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.