Up to £70000.00 per annum
10 days ago
Hands-on Software Development Manager (Music Platforms)
Looking to work for a rapidly growing music platform who are launching their own streaming service?
Want to work with a passionate team is driven by a constant thirst for innovation and creativity?
Our client are looking to employ a Hands-on Software Development Manager to provide sound technical development, management and overall project execution in all aspects of their business.
You will collaborate with employees, stakeholders, suppliers and customers, to ensure the company's technologies are selected, developed and used appropriately.
The focus of your role will include the following:-
- Work closely with the CTO and Product Director to evolve the product line, internal systems and processes into a technologically advanced, coherent ecosystem
- Plan, execute and deliver on several critical projects in a parallel, multi-tasking manner
- Develop code (PHP) to customise and integrate several software systems across music apps, website, Salesforce, ERP, payments and B.I.
- Bring new product verticals to life, based on business and product strategy
- Monitor the usage of software systems by staff; ensure correct usage, track and adjust processes, action improvement / customisation suggestions, find new tools and solutions
- Manage and mentor a small software development / I.T team
- Manage and deliver projects where development is outsourced to 3rd parties
- Define and manage project scope, schedule and delivery process
- Help design the architecture of our ecosystem, e.g. API integrations
- Ensure the right level of documentation is maintained
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Evaluate tools and technologies
- Work with cybersecurity consultants to ensure system security through pentesting
- Proven experience as strong lead developer or development manager
- Built and released products to market as a lead coder
- Managed 3-5+ developers, ideally across the whole stack
- Recent hands-on coding experience
- Want to move more into management, but happy to still spend around 50% of your time coding (will vary according to projects)
- Architecture and design experience, ideally integrating multiple systems
- PHP and frameworks (ideally Laravel)
- REST APIs
- Proficiency with databases (SQL, NoSQL)
- Cloud experience (ideally AWS)
- 2:1 or above degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Previous experience with streaming service back end / infrastructure
- Any experience with front-end coding
- iOS or Android app development experience
If this role sounds of interest, please apply and I will be in contact with you, alternatively, send me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org