£550 - £600 per annum
about 1 month ago
We are looking for a hands on Solutions Architect to join a UK Consultancy working with a leading retailer.
6 Months - Outside of IR35 - ASAP Start
We are looking for;
Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, influencing, stakeholder management.
Strong hands-on implementation skills in contemporary technologies and methodologies, comfortable working at the detailed level in complex technical environments
Modelling processes, systems, data and infrastructure in UML, Archimate and/or other modelling languages
Experience of delivering Service Oriented Architecture design and/or Microservices
Experience of delivering solutions utilising Java, VB and .NET frameworks
Experience of multiple database technologies.
Recognised Architectural Framework Accreditation
- The delivery of solution architecture and design to support the plans of the business units of the group as we move to a new infrastructure platform.
- Identify risks within the system architecture and propose appropriate mitigation.
- Ability to react to issues with legacy systems and suggest innovative approaches to day to day challenges within the existing bounds of those platforms.
- Identify new and evolving technologies, include them in the systems architecture where they can lead to commercial advantage and act as an evangelist for their take-up within IT developments.
- Work with the Enterprise Architect and Head of Architecture to communicate the systems architecture plan and the benefits that it will provide to the business units.
- Work with, and contribute to, the Solution Architecture working group to ensure that designs adhere to established architectural governance, including conformity to preferred technical approaches, benefit the business and will operate robustly and efficiently.
- Working within the published Architectural Principles exercise the appropriate judgment to all architectural decisions ensuring alignment to the architectural and business goals, and strategies.
- Attend and present at appropriate review boards (including ARB/TDS) in order to ensure all Architects and stakeholders are aware of, and contribute to, the system architecture roadmap.
- Input into the architecture design process,ensuring it is effective and efficient.
- Define and maintain the artefacts, principles and practice documentation to support the architecture design process.
- Engage with colleagues to engender behaviours to support the architecture roadmap.
This requires the contractor to have hands on Architecture experience working with Applications and ideally in store Tills.
Great chance to join a large programme of work 18months-2 years in length.