9 months ago
We are on the look out for a Senior SQL DBA to join a brilliant transformation project for a major UK brand.
Must have excellent Database knowledge ideally working with SQL, MySQL and Oracle. You will be required to Administer MySQL and Oracle Databases. You will also need to support all Database issues as well as cover Command line skills, Bash scripting, managing/monitoring services, SSH/SCP, background tasks vs foreground.
You will ideally also have experience in;
- Ability to automate/script tasks rather than run from command prompt.
- Infrastructure investigations - non-responding servers, connectivity
- Table structures scripts, typical behaviour of a production application.
- Proactive monitoring (table row counts, unused data, identifying bottlenecks, sub-optimal structures)
- DB monitoring
- DB housekeeping, sanitisation preparation, index updates, disaster recovery backups
- DB performance tuning - slow queries, designing indexes, feeding new indexes back to engineers -MySQ
6 month contract based in Watford.
Apply for more details!!