£45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits
3 months ago
2 YEAR FTC
Senior Infrastructure Engineer (2 Year FTC)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join a well-established international organisation based in Stevenage, allowing you to deploy the entire breadth of your infrastructure knowledge. The successful Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the physical and virtual infrastructure is maintained, operated, supported and developed, as well as ensuring availability of the business' network services.
As the Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will have extensive experience with Azure, virtualisation and PowerShell scripting.
Working as the Senior Infrastructure Engineer, your role will include:
- Monitoring servers to make sure they can provide services in the most efficient secure way.
- Instigating and maintaining procedures and policies for server, network and other infrastructure.
- Maintaining and supporting the business Azure-based cloud infrastructure.
- Investigating, researching, designing and implementing new systems.
- Managing and co-ordinating projects with the rest of the IT department and business.
Skills required for the Senior Infrastructure Engineer:
- Extensive practical experience with MS Azure.
- Experience of supporting Microsoft server environments, such as Windows Server, SQL Server, Exchange, IIS.
- Strong knowledge of virtualisation technologies
- Good understanding of networks e.g. switches, routers & firewalls.
- PowerShell scripting.
***Please be aware, this is a 2-year FTC***
Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Azure, Microsoft, Virtualisation, PowerShell, Windows Server, Networking
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000+ benefits
Please apply now for immediate consideration!
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy