£500 - £550 per day
9 days ago
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Hybrid (1 day in London office)
Day rate: £550 Outside IR35
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Developer to exercise their Java and Kotlin skillset within one of the UK's top supermarket chains. This high-performing team focuses on the entire backend of the client and therefore works on a wide variety of high-profile projects, which allows the successful applicant to take on work that is a match for their specific skill set.
You will be involved in:
- You'll lead the design and development of large-scale high-performance services using Java (8+) with tools and a Spring Boot framework
- You'll also lead the implementation of cloud and container technologies such as Kubernetes on AWS.
- It will be up to you to drive the product technical roadmap through a deep understanding of technology and a broader understanding of roadmaps across CTOs.
- Leading the design and support of services and internal frameworks that enhance Sainsbury's capabilities.
- You'll guide, support, and enable performance within the team by providing technical knowledge and ideas.
Experience required as Senior Developer
- Possess programming language expertise in one or more languages in our ecosystem, such as Kotlin, Java, Spring Boot
- Commercial experience with Elastic Search
- Great expertise in engineering practice, including deep knowledge of engineering and architectural principles
- Proven experience in software design and implementation, security, cloud, infrastructure as code and CI/CD and any relevant hardware
- Drive for advocacy of agile/lean delivery methodologies
Apply now for immediate consideration of this fantastic opportunity!
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. If you'd like to find out more, please contact Ben Good at Understanding Recruitment.