£75000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + bonus, benefits
13 days ago
Senior Data Manager
This is a new role for a Senior Data Manager to join a well-known, hugely successful global FTSE 100 organisation based in Luton, Bedfordshire. This is an Enterprise level role that will take ownership of the data technology strategy, manage a team of in-house data delivery staff, as well as manage budgets, suppliers and the expectations of senior stakeholders.
The Senior Data Manager will come from a delivery background with Big Data, analytics and technology. You will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of large-scale data and IT initiatives spanning multiple business areas, and will have accountability for delivering this change from initiation onwards.
You will also closely work and liaise with senior stakeholders, the board, 3rd parties and various technical teams (covering architecture, design, build, test, release and support).
Skills and experience needed for the Senior Data Manager:
- A delivery background within an enterprise environment
- Delivery of data technology strategies and initiatives within the Big Data and analytics space
- Experience of working in an Agile, fast-paced and demanding environment
- Technical background key; solid understanding of software development principals, lifecycle models and methodologies
- Understanding of architecture and implementation, with the knowledge to challenge these when necessary
- Line-management experience (this role has a team of 6, due to expand to 9)
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills; having worked with Architecture, Development, Test and Support teams
- Driven and pro-active work approach; able to work on own initiative and handle change or uncertainty
This is a great opportunity for a delivery focussed data professional with outstanding leadership, strategic and stakeholder engagement skills to truly make their mark in a rapidly expanding and ever-changing environment.
Senior Data Manager - Senior Technology Manager, Delivery Manager, Portfolio Manager, Programme Manager, Big Data, Hadoop, Agile, SDLC, Project Management, Software Development, Enterprise, Architecture, Technology
Salary: £75k - £100k + up to 30% bonus + benefits
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire - close to St. Albans, Harpenden, Welwyn Garden City, Hemel Hempstead, Milton Keynes
Please apply now for more information and immediate consideration!
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.