Durham, County Durham
£30000.00 - £36000.00 per annum + Bonus, Benefits
2 months ago
Application Support Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for an Application Support Analyst to join a leading FinTech Company based on client site in Durham. The primary goal of the Application Support Analyst is to be the go-to person when it comes to investigating, replicating and resolving software issues raised by customers using the client's software products.
The Application Support Analyst will be responsible for providing first line support to customers; understanding the technical issues they are facing and resolving them within agreed timeframes or SLA's with an excellent standard of customer service. As the Application Support Analyst, you will utilise your communication skills and technical understanding to liaise between wider teams and stakeholders. The Application Support Analyst will also act as a mentor to junior members of the team, using your understanding of code and familiarity with databases to instil the highest standard of customer support.
Skills and experience required for the Application Support Analyst:
- Previous experience of supporting ERP systems and owning end-to end business processes.
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the following languages; Java, C++, SQL.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Oracle Database.
- Previous experience in testing, defect management and change/release processes.
- Experience of coaching of mentoring/coaching junior team members.
- Knowledge of Cobol is advantageous.
- Experience within the banking/finance sector his highly desirable.
- University degree in computer science.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Application Support Analyst to develop their career within a well-established company in the financial sector who encourage continuous career development for all staff.
Application Support Analyst - SQL, Oracle Database, Cobol, Java, C++
Salary: up to £36,000 (depending on experience) + benefits
Please apply now for further information and immediate consideration!
Understanding Recruitment is working as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.