£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + bonus, benefits
26 days ago
Ruby on Rails Developer
A new Ruby on Rails Developer role to join one of the UK's fasted growing biotechnology Companies based in Oxford. This is a new role joining a small development team, working on the development of cutting edge (and very in demand!) customer-facing applications, integrating them with business-critical commercial systems.
The Ruby on Rails Developer will ensure that the code deployed is high quality and robust, and that project deadlines are met.
Skills and experience needed for the Ruby on Rails Developer:
- Software development background gained within an enterprise / commercial environment
- Strong Ruby on Rails experience
- Degree educated highly preferred, Computer Science or related subject
- Ability to analyse and document business requirements
- Work in collaboration with other team members and Testers (testing systems before UAT)
- Experienced with REST API development
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Experience integrating with 3rd-party services
- BDD, TDD or any automated testing (or design by testing) methodology approaches ideal
- Knowledge of Front-end languages / frameworks (e.g: JS, Typescript, Vue.js, React) beneficial
- Collaborative approach and attitude; able to develop and maintain productive working relationships.
- Ability to communicate ideas and updates to both technical and non-technical members of staff.
This already very impressive technology company are embarking on a further stage of expansion to capitalise on their existing success, and continue to disrupt the way biotechnology is used globally - and the Ruby on Rails Developer will get the chance to play a critical and key part of this ongoing success!
Ruby on Rails Developer - Software, REST API, Git, Mercurial, SVN, Degree, Computer Science, Automated Testing, BDD, TDD, Typescript, Vue.js, React
Location: Oxford (with excellent work from home & remote options)
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 (depending on experience) + bonus, stock options, private healthcare, life assurance, pension
Please apply now for consideration!
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.