£40000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + Benefits
8 months ago
Network Engineer - A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Network Engineer to join a world-renowned company, specialising in Data and publishing, based in Oxford. This Network Engineer role is perfect for someone with strong network engineering experience including exposure to Cisco, Wireless, Meraki and Zscaler.
As a Network Engineer within the company's Oxford Tech Hub, you will play a key role in the global operations team and will work with the team to deliver projects and operational support. Your work will be more project-based but you will perform operational tasks as required assist in the development, operations, and maintenance of network environment, and the production Client Data Centre.
As the successful Network Engineer, your responsibilities also include engineering changes to the network infrastructure, configuration of production servers, and maintaining the highest levels of network and systems availability.
Skills and experience required for the Network Engineer:
- Detailed network engineering experience.
- Knowledge of WAN/LAN - including routing experience eg Cisco.
- Experience in Wireless, and Meraki.
- Experience of Zscaler or other web security technologies.
- Experience in network monitoring, performance and availability management or network automation concepts eg Solarwinds.
- The ability to create detailed Implementation, test and roll-out plan.
- Strong written skills - technical documentation.
- Troubleshooting network environments.
- Strong understanding of network security.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written).
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly collaborative and effective tech team and work with great autonomy on exciting company projects.
Salary: Up to £48k + 7.5% Bonus + Outstanding Company Benefits
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.