£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Benefits
7 months ago
Linux Systems Administrator
We are seeking an experienced Linux Systems Administrator with Ubuntu experience to join an expanding and innovative blue-chip company at their Head Office in Hatfield. This role as Linux Systems Administrator offers the opportunity to join at a time of continued growth and become central to business success and improvement as they continue to deploy new innovations in their aim to fully automate their operations.
You will be responsible for identifying which new tools to implement as well as testing and carrying out root cause analysis to ensure all systems are working efficiently. The main aim of your role will be to help automate these configurations to internal standards as well as minimise manual activities.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and innovative Linux System Administrator to join an established team as they work towards ambitious goals of automatically deploying, building and configuring a new fully functioning system to meet the needs of the wider business.
Key skills and experienced need for the Linux Systems Administrator:
- In depth understanding of Linux / Unix (preferably Ubuntu) as well as Shell or Python Scripting.
- Strong experience of server build and configuration management systems such as Puppet or FAI.
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals; TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Previous experience in an Agile development environment and understanding of DevOps practices.
- Exposure to Openstack, Kubernetes and Docker (not essential but highly beneficial).
- Experience of supporting a 24/7 operation and due to the nature of this role 1 in 4 weekends will be on call.
Linux Systems Administrator: Linux, Unix, Ubuntu, Shell Scripting, Python Scripting, Puppet, FAI, Networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Agile, DevOps, Openstack, Kubernetes, Docker
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 (depending on experience) + benefits
Please apply now for more information and immediate consideration.
Understanding Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agency on behalf of this vacancy.