£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
3 months ago
Lead Solution Architect
A new opportunity has arisen for an innovative and ambitious Lead Solution Architect to join this FTSE 100 market-leading business at a hugely exciting period of eCommerce and technology transformation. This role comes as part of an exciting new venture within an already hugely well-known and successful company and will involve heading up the technology piece in line with this; this will include establishing the technology roadmap and being responsible for the set-up, design, shape and implementation of necessary digital platforms and systems.
The Lead Solution Architect must have a strong design background, with genuine knowledge of design patterns and exposure to both 'good' and 'bad' design patterns. You will also have outstanding stakeholder engagement skills, with a good understanding of how digital platforms and products fit together across IT and eCommerce.
Working as the Lead Solution Architect, your role will include:
- Leading solution architecture for complex end to end solutions, working with technical architects covering each solution component, and Enterprise Architects driving the long-term architectural direction.
- Leading a team of solution architects in the delivery of multiple solutions across large change programmes.
- Working with the programme solution architects, business analysts and business stakeholders to coordinate the collection of non-functional requirements for each component / platform in the end to end architecture.
- Identifying key areas of technical risk or complexity and proposing appropriate Proofs of Concepts (POCs) and spikes.
- Producing high quality, comprehensive Solution Blueprint materials demonstrating a balance of different functional & non-functional drivers and requirements and effective understanding of solution risk.
- Providing architectural guidance to third party vendors and development teams to ensure the delivered solutions achieves the design.
To be considered for the Lead Solution Architect role, you will need to demonstrate:
- Technical hands-on experience within software development, preferably with C#, and experience of designing high quality software solutions.
- Strong solution architecture experience gained within Travel, Retail, eCommerce or Logistics.
- Experience of SOA, API Design and distributed architectures.
- Proven experience of driving key architecture decisions within an Agile environment.
- Strong design pattern knowledge and can form a genuine opinion about this and the right way to carry out design work.
- Experience as part of large-scale, multi-year projects and business-critical programmes.
- A proactive approach and ready for an exciting new challenge.
This is a genuinely huge career move for an ambitious Lead Solution Architect with a brilliant organisation where you can make a real difference, as well as work alongside a hugely architecture talented team on some cutting-edge front-line projects.
Lead Solution Architect
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
Salary: £80 - £100k + bonus (up to 30%) + benefits (depending on experience)
Apply for further details and immediate consideration.
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.