£22000.00 - £26000.00 per annum + Benefits
11 days ago
Junior Network Engineer
We are seeking a Junior Network Engineer to join a fast-growing and ambitious technology company in Harlow; this is a great opportunity for a Junior Network Engineer to further their career with exposure to state-of-the-art technology in one of the UK's premier data centres!
This role provides the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and join a successful company in their 3rd year of operation. As the Junior Network Engineer, you will play an integral part of the company's vision to become a leading provider of network services and be responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting a range of technologies, such as networking equipment, Data Centre hardware and Linux-based systems, to ensure maximum up-time for clients.
The ideal Junior Network Engineer will be hands-on and passionate about networking with practical experience, preferably gained within a managed services environment.
- Monitoring incoming tickets and replying within agreed timeframes.
- Diagnose and fix any internal and external networking issues.
- Troubleshoot customer's networks providing first and second line support.
- Cabling and installation of equipment.
- General maintenance of datacentre infrastructure.
- Inventory and ordering of stock.
Further skills and experience required for the Junior Network Engineer:
- Previous experience working in a managed services environment.
- Understanding of OSI Model for networking.
- Demonstrable experience of configuring routers and switches.
- Experience using Linux, Juniper or Brocade products is advantageous.
- Python knowledge skills are also desirable.
Junior Network Engineer - data centre, MSP, routers, switches, Linux, Python, Brocade, Juniper, networking
Location: Harlow, Essex
Salary: up to £26,000 per year + £2,000 night shift allowance
Please apply now for further information and immediate consideration!
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.