£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus, benefits
about 1 month ago
IT Operations Engineer
A new role for a 2nd / 3rd line IT Operations Engineer has arisen, working for a leading company within the construction space! The company have recently become employee owned, therefore offer fantastic investment into their staff, with ample learning, development, and future career opportunities.
This role will suit a pro-active IT Support Engineer with solid 2nd line skills, and at least some exposure to 3rd line. Technical skills gained in a complex infrastructure / IT Operations environment is a must, with good exposure to the cloud. The environment is mostly Azure with some AWS, therefore good Azure exposure is essential, alongside a Microsoft background covering Office 365, MS Teams and SharePoint.
This role is much more than providing technical support; it will involve identifying business problems and finding solutions, improving business processes, and working with a range of other cutting technologies beyond pure IT, and we are looking for someone with similar, broad experience.
Further skills for the IT Operations Engineer:
- A solid IT support background within an infrastructure / IT Operations environment, at either 2nd or 3rd line
- Technical skills gained within a Microsoft environment, including Office 365, Azure, Teams, and SharePoint
- Any exposure to AWS and SQL databases is good to have
- Understanding of how software fits into IT (ideally experience of working with 3rd party software providers)
- Evidence of identifying business problems, and creating solutions
- Proven experience of improving business processes
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management
- Collaborative attitude and working approach
- Project experience, i.e., part of a migration from on-prem to the cloud
- A pro-active attitude with a desire to learn
- Any knowledge of Java, WordPress, Python, APIs are nice to have (but not essential)
This role will involve working with large data sets, in a project-led environment! We are looking for someone with a pro-active attitude who loves to add value and learn, and in return you will work as part of a highly rewarding environment in a very value-driven company.
IT Operations Engineer - Infrastructure 2nd Line, 3rd Line, Support, Azure, Office 365, O355, Microsoft, Teams, SharePoint, AWS, Cloud, SQL, Software, Stakeholders, Processes
Location: Harpenden (hybrid office and remote working)
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + bonus + benefits
Please apply now!
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.