Kings Langley, Hertfordshire
£60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
3 months ago
We have an opening for an Infrastructure Manager to join an innovative client at their HQ in Kings Langley, Hertfordshire. In this job, the Infrastructure Manager will lead a multi-site team of engineers responsible for supporting the predominantly Windows and Cisco-based business-critical infrastructure and networks, as well as contribute to the business strategy and work with different teams globally, including external vendors/contractors and key IT stakeholders, to provide hands-on technical infrastructure expertise. The role is expected to be 70% leadership, with the remainder being spent acting as a senior technical hands-on specialist.
Working as the Infrastructure Manager, your role will include:
- Leading and mentoring technical the team, holding regular team meeting, 121's and reviews.
- Operational management of key infrastructure components; servers, storage and network (both LAN & WAN).
- Management of the business' cloud environment.
- Acting as a technical expert on infrastructure design and standards that will aid the delivery of upcoming IT transformation projects.
- Contributing to change management board around technical and process change.
- Providing some 2nd/3rd line infrastructure support.
- Working with the global infrastructure team to share knowledge and ensure common standards.
To be considered for the Infrastructure Manager position, you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience of leading a team in a matrix environment.
- Proven experience of supporting/working with multi-site infrastructure.
- Strong technical knowledge of core Microsoft technologies, such as Windows Server, Active Directory, Office 365, SharePoint and SQL.
- Hands-on knowledge of virtualisation tech i.e. VMware or Hyper-V.
- Good knowledge of networking, covering LAN/WAN, subnets, Firewalls, VLANs, and VPN.
- Experience with cloud services - Azure is ideal but other vendors will also be considered.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Infrastructure Manager to work in a stimulating and stretching environment so if it sounds of interest don't miss out and apply now!
Location: Kings Langley, Hertfordshire
Salary: £60k - £75k + 20% bonus + benefits
Apply for further details and immediate consideration.
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.