Kings Langley, Hertfordshire
£60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
10 days ago
We have an opening for an Infrastructure Manager to join an innovative client at their HQ in Kings Langley, Hertfordshire. In this job, the Infrastructure Manager will lead a multi-site team of engineers responsible for supporting the predominantly Windows and Cisco-based business-critical infrastructure and networks, as well as contribute to the business strategy and work with different teams globally, including external vendors/contractors and key IT stakeholders, to provide hands-on technical infrastructure expertise. The role is expected to be 70% leadership, with the remainder being spent acting as a senior technical hands-on specialist.
Working as the Infrastructure Manager, your role will include:
- Leading and mentoring technical the team, holding regular team meeting, 121's and reviews.
- Operational management of key infrastructure components; servers, storage and network (both LAN & WAN).
- Management of the business' cloud environment.
- Acting as a technical expert on infrastructure design and standards that will aid the delivery of upcoming IT transformation projects.
- Contributing to change management board around technical and process change.
- Providing some 2nd/3rd line infrastructure support.
- Working with the global infrastructure team to share knowledge and ensure common standards.
To be considered for the Infrastructure Manager position, you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience of leading a team in a matrix environment.
- Proven experience of supporting/working with multi-site infrastructure.
- Strong technical knowledge of core Microsoft technologies, such as Windows Server, Active Directory, Office 365, SharePoint and SQL.
- Hands-on knowledge of virtualisation tech i.e. VMware or Hyper-V.
- Good knowledge of networking, covering LAN/WAN, subnets, Firewalls, VLANs, and VPN.
- Experience with cloud services - Azure is ideal but other vendors will also be considered.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Infrastructure Manager to work in a stimulating and stretching environment so if it sounds of interest don't miss out and apply now!
Location: Kings Langley, Hertfordshire
Salary: £60k - £75k + 20% bonus + benefits
Apply for further details and immediate consideration.
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.