£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
7 days ago
A brand-new opportunity has just become available for an Infrastructure Engineer to join a global, sector-leading business in Watford, offering the chance to hugely influence the success of the business by supporting it in its growth and improving its productivity, as well as offering you the opportunity to work with a whole host of different infrastructure tech and services.
As the Infrastructure Engineer, you will provide 3rd line and more technical support, monitoring, developing and taking responsibility for a wide range of infrastructure components, covering both systems and network infrastructure. This is an exciting hands-on role where you will be able to make your mark on the infrastructure environment and is ideal for an all-rounder who is willing to throw themselves into the job and looking to develop and enhance their existing skills.
Working as the Infrastructure Engineer, your role will include:
- Providing 3rd line IT Support to agreed SLAs, including remote support at each office or where-ever staff are located.
- Suggesting improvements to 1st and 2nd line support processes and taking the lead where support from external 3rd//4th line service providers is required.
- Working with external partners to maintain LAN & WAN connectivity (both wired & wireless), as well as installing/configuring routers, switches and security devices.
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives leading to the modernisation of the business' infrastructure and network environment.
- Leading on the development of physical & virtual server and network configuration standards, monitoring and reporting on capacity and utilisation,
- Working to ITIL best practice processes to improve 2ndand 3rd line issue resolution.
To be considered, you will need to demonstrate:
- Solid Windows Server experience.
- Strong VMware knowledge.
- Good hands-on networking experience, including multi-site, MPLS-driven networks.
- Experience of supporting Linux-based systems (advantageous).
- Knowledge and experience of working in an ITIL environment (advantageous).
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
Salary: £35k - £45k (depending on experience) + benefits
Apply for further details and immediate consideration.
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.