Kings Langley, Hertfordshire
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + on-call, car, bonus
10 months ago
A brand-new opportunity has just become available for an Infrastructure Engineer to join a global, sector-leading business in Watford, offering the chance to hugely influence the success of the business by supporting it in its rapid growth and improving its productivity, as well as offering you the opportunity to work with a whole host of different infrastructure tech and services.
As the Infrastructure Engineer, you will provide 3rd line and more technical support, monitoring, developing and taking responsibility for a wide range of infrastructure components, with a focus on systems/server infrastructure. This is an exciting hands-on role where you will be able to make your mark on the infrastructure platform and is ideal for an all-rounder who is willing to throw themselves into the job and looking to develop and enhance their existing skills.
Working as the Infrastructure Engineer, your role will include:
- Providing 3rd line support that has been escalated through the service desk, line manager of other members of the business.
- Support and design of the infrastructure environment, covering on-prem & virtual servers, networks, storage and cloud.
- Performing upgrades and patch management of all infrastructure components.
- Contributing to the development of infrastructure standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines to mitigate software, hardware, and networking issues.
- Owning and delivering a range of projects, such as Colo migrations, server and OS upgrades, virtualisation and Active Directory remediation.
- Participating in on-call rota (1 in 6).
To be considered, you will need to demonstrate:
- Solid Windows Server experience.
- Strong VMware knowledge.
- An understanding of network infrastructure.
- PowerShell scripting skills are advantageous.
- Experience with cloud services, such as AWS or Azure, is desirable.
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
Salary: £35k - £40k (depending on experience) + £4.6k car + 20% bonus + benefits
Apply for further details and immediate consideration.
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.