Watford, Hertfordshire, E. of England, England
£35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum
11 days ago
A brand-new opportunity has just become available for an Infrastructure Engineer to join a global, sector-leading business in Watford, offering the chance to hugely influence the success of the business by supporting it in its growth and improving its productivity, as well as offering you the opportunity to work with a whole host of different infrastructure tech and services.
As the Infrastructure Engineer, you will provide 3rd line and more technical support, monitoring, developing and taking responsibility for a wide range of infrastructure components, covering both systems and network infrastructure. This is an exciting hands-on role where you will be able to make your mark on the infrastructure environment and is ideal for an all-rounder who is willing to throw themselves into the job and looking to develop and enhance their existing skills.
Working as the Infrastructure Engineer, your role will include:
- Providing 3rdline IT Support to agreed SLAs, including remote support at each office or where-ever staff are located.
- Suggesting improvements to 1stand 2nd line support processes and taking the lead where support from external 3rd//4th line service providers is required.
- Working with external partners to maintain LAN & WAN network connectivity (both wired & wireless), as well as installing/configuring routers, switches and security devices.
- Taking the lead on continuous improvement initiatives leading to the modernisation of the business' infrastructure and network environment, including the tools and technologies used to configure, monitor, support, operate, manage and secure the environment.
- Leading on the development of physical & virtual server and network configuration standards, monitoring and reporting on capacity and utilisation,
- Contributing to the implementation of ITIL best practice processes to improve 2ndand 3rd line call resolution and manage customer expectations.
To be considered, you will need to demonstrate:
- Solid Windows Server experience.
- Strong VMware knowledge.
- A good understanding of networking, including multi-site, MPLS-driven networks.
- Experience of supporting Linux-based systems (advantageous).
- Knowledge and experience of working in an ITIL environment (advantageous).
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
Salary: £35k - £43k (depending on experience) + benefits
Apply for further details and immediate consideration.
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.