2 months ago
Head of Data & Informatics
A fantastic and brand-new role has just arisen for a leading research charity to join as their new Head of Data & informatics as they are looking revolutionise how they use clinical records (role is 100% remote). We are looking towards the future and need someone who is going to implement a data Science, machine learning and AI strategy across the organisation through peer groups, partnerships and meet-ups. The Head of Data & Informatics will be looking at changing how this charity uses it patient records and clinical data and take them on the journey of utilising data science and machine learning further.
This is a perfect role for someone who has a wealth of experience in Informatics and/or Bioinformatics, knows a lot about data and just passionate about using Data Science / ML to improve how we work. The Head of Informatics will have full control over the large data budget, the partners you choose to work assuming we are working towards improving research using better data techniques.
This is a great chance for someone to really change how this charity uses its research data, help them become the leader within the sector and ultimately help save lives.
Experience required for the Head of Data & Informatics are:
- A proven background in informatics, bioinformatics, patient data or medical research
- Strong knowledge on Data Science, Machine Learning and/or AI (doesn't need to be hands on technical knowledge)
- Experience in implementing data strategies and improving how organisations use patient / medical data
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders across other companies, board members and directors
- Passionate about how data can really change how organisations work
If you are looking for a role where you will make a real difference, change how a charity works and better utilise data to ultimately save lives then look no further.
Head of Data / Head of Informatics / Chief Data Officer / Data Science / Machine Learning / AI
Location: 100% remote across the UK or Europe (Head office London if you wish to be office based)
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 + excellent benefits
Apply now for immediately consideration regarding this excellent opportunity!
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy