£900 - £1100 per day
18 days ago
3 - 6 Months
We are on the look out for a Director Of Engineering to work with an extremley exciting business on the frontline of DNA and Covid testing.
THIS PROJECT WILL BE OUTSIDE OF IR35
This will be an interim role for the next 3-6months while you support the fast growth of the UK and European Engineering team.
As the Director of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for leading the development of
our mobile and web properties. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and
building great digital products for our users. This role will work hand-in-hand with the leaders of
Product Management. We move fast and develop a lot of ideas so you will have to keep up with
our pace and not be resistant to regular product changes. You will be able to show that you can
hit deadlines and exceed expectations
● Work with the product management to schedule releases and ensure high quality delivery
● Ensure we are following industry standard agile development methodologies
● Take responsibility for hiring and talent management
● Lead the development of Prenetics' portfolio of consumer-facing digital products
● Deliver native applications that look, feel, and respond to users in an elegant, fun and
● Establish and direct the strategic long term goals, policies and procedures for the software
development program for all products as well as overseeing the development, release and
maintenance of software applications.
● Translating functional product requirements into development specifications and building
applications to meet these requirements.
● Evaluation of, recommendations for, and ultimate decision‐responsibility for, technical
product design, including architectural designs and all related technical decisions.
● Ensuring that new technologies are incorporated into applications, systems, programs and
● Ensuring the quality assurance and build and release management for all consumer-facing
● Ensuring that the company has access to new technology and products which can grow
● Manage career growth and succession planning for the engineering team
Your technical skills
● Engineering or computer science degree or equivalent
● 5+ years of software management on consumer facing mobile and web applications
● Strong background web and mobile technologies: React, React Native, Node.js,