Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£38000.00 - £42000.00 per annum + bonus, benefits
3 months ago
Desktop Support Manager
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support Manager to join a top 20 "Sunday Times' Best Companies for work for"! Based in Hemel Hempstead (approx. 3 days a week in the office, 2 days from home), you will manage a team of 10, who provide all desktop support for a user base of 18,000 users! As well as being responsible for managing the team, you will act as an technical escalation point, lead by example as well deliver exceptional customer services and technical support when need be.
As the Desktop Support Manager, you will boast a track record of overseeing and line-managing a busy IT Support Team, coupled with an unrivalled customer focused approach and good technical skills surrounding the Modern Desktop M365 stack.
Key skills needed for the Desktop Support Manager:
- Proven experience within a similar managerial role, with the ability to oversee team performance and relevant projects (ideally teams of up to 10 or so)
- Experience of managing formal SLA's as well as mentoring more junior members of staff and maintaining the team's morale
- Previous hands-on technical experience, covering all aspects of desktop support
- Technical experience with the Modern Desktop M365 stack, SCCM, Intune, OneDrive, Teams, Windows 10, Group Policy, ITSM, and ITIL
- Experience administering Active Directory, Azure AD and Exchange
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals would be great, i.e., LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Technical understanding of hardware, security threats, Windows security model and network infrastructure
- Excellent customer service and people skills - providing a first-class service is a must!
- Strong organisation skills, able to prioritise escalations
- Flexibility to participate in occasional out of hours work when / if required
This is an excellent opportunity for a Desktop Support Manager to play a key role in the leadership of a growing team, where you will also receive exceptional training and the opportunity to progress throughout the company. You will also be involved in large companywide projects such as cloud migrations!
Skills: IT Support, Manager, Modern Desktop M365 stack, SCCM, Intune, OneDrive, Teams, Windows 10, Group Policy, ITSM, ITIL, Active Directory, Azure AD, Exchange, Networking
Location: Hemel Hempstead - Hertfordshire
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000 + 15% bonus + 22 days holiday + bank holiday (rises to 25 days after 2 years), pension
Please apply now!
Understanding Recruitment are acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.