£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Benefits
3 months ago
Data Platform Engineer
Data Platform Engineer - A new and exciting opportunity has opened up for a Data Platform Engineer to join a rapidly growing and bleeding edge fintech business who have doubled in size in the last year alone! This Data Platform Engineer role is perfect for someone with strong Google Cloud and Python experience as well as architecting large scale storage, data center and /or globally distributed solutions.
The successful Data Platform Engineer will work on complex internal platform and data projects, engaging from Proof of Concept stages through to implementation of complex solutions on their environments. You will work collaboratively with the internal Dev team to monitor and visualize platform performance, develop reference architectures, build data ingestion pipelines and develop applications for data processing.
Essential skills and experience required for the Data Platform Engineer:
- Experience with both Google Cloud and Python
- Detailed experience with large scale data and working on big data platforms
- Strong experience in data engineering and Dev/Ops
- Architecting large scale storage, data center and /or globally distributed solutions
- Experience designing and deploying 3 tier architectures or large-scale Hadoop solutions
- Strong academic background is essential
- Experience within the trading or financial services industry is advantageous
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative and cutting-edge fintech companies in the UK and work on exciting projects with great autonomy.
Salary: £50k - £60k (depending on experience) + Up to 50% Bonus + Excellent company benefits
Key benefits include: Up to 50% Bonus! Pension! Healthcare! Onsite Gym! Relaxed and Fun Office Culture! Free fruit and Drinks!
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy