£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum + benefits
7 months ago
2nd Line Support Analyst
We are currently working with a global, sector-leading business in Watford, who are currently seeking a 2nd Line Support Analyst to join their team and work with a whole host of different infrastructure tech and services, focusing on physical & virtual server infrastructure, but also covering central data storage, network devices, security appliances, telephony and conferencing & presentation services.
As the 2nd Line Support Analyst, you will be working as part of the wider IT department to ensure the availability and support of the business' critical systems and networks, collaborating with colleagues to diagnose and resolve incidents so that there is minimal disruption to staff in other areas of the business, so strong customer service skills to supplement your technical knowledge are key. This is a great opportunity for a 2nd Line Support Analyst to build on your commercial knowledge and really drive your career forwards, with the aim of progressing down an Infrastructure Engineer route!
Working as the 2nd Line Support Role, your role will include:
- Ensuring high availability of the business' critical physical and virtual infrastructure.
- Diagnosing and resolving service incidents relating to the network, data centres, servers and SAN storage infrastructure and IT security.
- Helping ensure Information Security best practices are followed and that all work is compliant with internal and external audit requirements.
- Follow ITIL best practice processes, support ITIL implementation and be an ITIL champion in the business.
- Additionally, you will also be carrying out usual 2nd Line Support duties, such as providing technical support for issues escalated by the 1st Line Team.
To be considered, you will need to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in 2nd Line Support Role.
- Hands-on experience with Windows Server, preferably in a VMware environment.
- Relevant technical degree (i.e. Information Technology, Computer Networks, Computer Science etc.).
- Knowledge and experience of working in an ITIL environment (advantageous).
- A keen interest to progress down a technical server-based career path.
2nd Line Support Analyst - Infrastructure Engineer, Servers, Windows Servers, 2nd Line Support, Infrastructure, Network, Windows
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
Salary: £25k + benefits
Apply for further details and immediate consideration.
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.